Wait… Paige is 5 months old?! That is just beyond crazy! Our little lady is growing like a weed and blossoming and changing before our very eyes. It is truly humbling to see. This month was a big transition to solid foods and so far, so good!
Our hungry hungry hippo seems to be really enjoying everything we present to her and I am loving making all of her foods too. We had our first instance of separation anxiety this past week when I was out of her sight line for mere seconds and someone put their head close to the stroller to say hi. Cue tears and fear for Paige. It was heartbreaking and heartwarming to see her like that and to know she wanted her momma
What Paige is loving:
- Sophie the giraffe teether is her BFF. It goes everywhere with us and we recently bought a backup to always have one with us.
- Her feet! Ha! She recently found out that she can pull we feet up an suck away on her toes cracks us up.
- Sitting up on our lap is her new favorite position and if you try and lay her back, she’ll wiggle and squirm until you sit her up.
What Paige hates:
- Again this month she hates napping for any consistent period. Sometimes they’re awesome, other times not so much. Luckily she’s in a decent mood whether or not she has had a good or bad nap.
Paige’s personality so far:
- Our darling baby is a crankasaurus if we miss her bedtime window so needless to say her 6:30 pm bedtime still exists.
Paige’s “firsts” this month:
- First time rolling over! Paige has mastered the belly to back and is THISCLOSE to rolling back to belly.
- First food! So far she has tried avocados, bananas, butternut squash, green beans, sweet potatoes, pears, apples and seemingly liked them all!
- First time to the Scituate Art Festival. We celebrated Columbus Day and Paige’s 5 month birthday by visiting this cute festival. We ran into Grammy, Poppa, Auntie Jenn, Uncle Rob, cousin Emily, and Great Auntie Jay too!
What Jim and I are loving:
- Her smiles seriously melt us both. She’s going to get away with murder.
- Jim and Paige seem to have a secret language. It began when Paige started making this throaty sound and only directed towards Jim. They now do it back and forth with each other and it cracks us up.